ok so this show is precious to me and usually their historical inaccuracies feel like story choices and i also love 2x04 as an episode for reasons of three faces of eve shit and literal cloak and dagger murders in masks and hilarious water leitmotifs but!!
WHERE IS ISABELLA D’ESTE. WHO ON EARTH IS “BIANCA” AND WHY IS SHE MARRIED TO FRANCESCO GONZAGA. BORGIAS STAFF. BORGIAS STAFF. ISABELLA D’ESTE IS NOT ONLY FAMOUS AND IMPORTANT BUT SHE IS FAMOUS AND IMPORTANT TO LUCREZIA’S STORY. RODRIGO CAN FUCK ANYONE’S WIFE. WHERE IS ISABELLA D’ESTE. WHAT IS A “BIANCA”. MARRY HER TO SOMEONE ELSE. ITALY IS FULL OF DUDES WHOSE WIVES WE DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THAT RODRIGO CAN FUCK. WHAT IS A BIANCA AND WHY DOES SHE HAVE A PORTRAIT OF FRANCIS I OF FRANCE IN HER CHAMBERS; THAT’S LIKE TWO KINGS OF FRANCE TOO EARLY!!
AND THEN they make francesco refer to a “battle out of ariosto” when ORLANDO FURIOSO HADN’T BEEN WRITTEN YET, KNOW HOW I REMEMBER THAT, BECAUSE IT WAS COMMISSIONED WHEN LUCREZIA WAS MARRIED TO ALFONSO D’ESTE, BROTHER OF ISABELLA D’ESTE, ISABELLA D’ESTE WHO COMMISSIONED THAT POEM.
- superfinelyblenderedsugar likes this
- them-witches likes this
- falseisthistale likes this
- volchitza likes this
- insomniabug likes this
- twoxheartedxdream likes this
- pinkpterodactyl likes this
- vivier likes this
- pratfall-princess likes this
- subtlegraceofgravity said: Rewatched 2x04 on Wednesday, and you’ve pretty much summed it up with: RODRIGO CAN FUCK ANYONE’S WIFE. WHERE IS ISABELLA D’ESTE. WHAT IS A “BIANCA.”
- hotelsongs posted this